Thursday, September 28, 2023

A Lady Ones Said.

Just like many pregnant women, whenever I'm pregnant, I suffer serious food aversion.

Usually, without pregnancy, I cook about 80% of what me and my family eat because I love cooking. My husband cooks the rest or we eat out.

However, as soon as conception happens and I get pregnant, I begin to suffer food aversion.

I can't cook, and if I cook, I can't eat it. I would even feel like throwing the food in the bin.

In my first trimester of pregnancy with my son, I was in Nigeria. I woke up one morning and threw every food in the fridge/freezer away because the sight of them were irritating to me. I couldn't cook and we bought food, my husband or his relatives cooked.

I spent second and third trimesters in Canada till I had my baby.

I saved up some money to enjoy my pregnancy, about $2,000. ALL the money went on ordering foods. My husband added extra money for me to keep using to order food since he wasn't around to cook, and even if he was around, he might finish cooking and I wouldn't like it.

For me, food aversion is worse in the first half of my pregnancy.

Now that I'm planning to get pregnant again, I've saved up $3,000 to buy food. I've forced my husband to give me at least $3,000 because nah him give me bellé and he has to make sure I eat. He has paid part into my account, and will pay the rest. After he balances the money, then I can open legs to collect another one.

The three things I hate most about pregnancy are 1. Food aversion,  2. Heartburn and 3. Nausea.
I'm a foodie who loves quality food. Imagine me ditching jollof rice for oil-less Okra, ditching beans for mashed potatoes and cheese. Just be craving yeye things because I'm pregnant.
Or the heartburn. I love pepper. But I usually stop eating pepper as soon as I get pregnant because for every meal with pepper I eat, I suffer heartburn for 24-hours. My doctor prescribes a medication for me to reduce heartburn.

I told my husband that if men could get pregnant, nothing anyone would have told me to do this. He would have been the one to carry the pregnancy.

If I had the option, I'd prefer to pay 100% bills and still do chores. All my partner has to do is carry pregnancy and do minor chores.

So, as soon as I carry bellé, I'd stop paying bills till I give birth. Because the thought of going through that journey for another 9 months ehn. But, I have to because I want a second baby.

My pregnancy taught me that one of the best questions you can ask a pregnant woman is "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT?"

When I was pregnant with my son, I had two friends that would call me often to ask "Nk, what do you want to eat?" One was a cook, he would cook anything I mention and bring to me. The other one nor dey enter kitchen. She knows my food plugs, so she would usually just send money to them to deliver to me anything I say I want to eat.

Since after I had my baby, if I see a pregnant woman I am close to, as much as possible, I cook for her or buy her food.
Because, the best gift you can give to me when I'm pregnant is FOOD or money to buy FOOD prepared to my specifications.

Call that pregnant woman today and ask her what she wants to eat. Then, COOK FOR HER or BUY HER FOOD.

All the people who cooked for me or bought me food when I was pregnant earned a special spot in my heart.

Moral of the story...
Nor be sey I dey tell una sey I don carry o, but come to my inbox today and ask me "Nk, what do you want to eat?"
If you live in Canada, I can give you the contact of my food plug so that you can pay for the food.
If you live in Winnipeg, you can cook it yourself or order for me.
If you live outside Canada, just send me money.

At this point in my life, FOOD is the most important thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment